Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane!

Our house currently looks like a bomb blew up in it. I am not an orderly person by any definition, but the one thing that consistently I try to keep in order is our home. I can't stand yucky dishes and dirty laundry . I'm a bit OCD when it come to germs too, our house always has a hit of antibacterial smell. But the last ten days that's all gone to pot! We spent two weeks in Missouri for Christmas. ( which was great, but I was sick most of the time..that's another blog for another time) We got back to Virgina 10 days ago and I didn't bother emptying the suitcase because here we go again! Tomorrow we are packing up our sweet little bundle of 8 week- old-joy and heading out west for 2 1/2 weeks. LA baby! I'm so excited we are staying with some of our dearest friends. It always feels a bit like going home when we go to visit them.

The debate of the day is...should I use my airline freebies and upgrade us to first class? The poor people that paid a hunk of change to be up there could potentially listen to a screaming baby for 6 hours..

6 comments:

  1. I am going to set you up with a positive experiences. Seth has been traveling sense he was younger than Viv. By the time he was six weeks old he had been on six plain flights. He has never once been a screaming or loud child on a plain. When he was young I nursed so if he was awake during accent and decent the ear problem was easily taken care of. For when she is older I will teach you how to make her her own travel brief case the will keep her busy and happy.
    Never once did Seth kick the seat of the person in front of him or irritate the people around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will definitely need to know those tricks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say upgrade unless you will be worried the whole time about if people are upset, then I wouldn't use it on that. Otherwise, be comfortable and who knows the first class people maybe more gracious than those economy peeps....but maybe not. Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all have fun. We'll miss you while you're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. officially following your blog...it's funny you used dairy queen b/c i many times a day refer to myself as dairy queen. love you!

    ReplyDelete